Friday, March 03, 2006

Altered Book Magic Squares


These pages were easy to make. I am not very good at giving directions, but I will give it a whirl.

Start off with a square piece of paper, I used memory paper, but inked and stamped the white side. I think I used 4 inch by 4 inch pieces. Fold in half creasing it in both directions. Open, turn the paper to fold in the other direction again creasing in both directions. Now fold corner to corner, creasing in both directions, Then do the same to the opposite corners. Now you're on your own! Just kidding.
Invert the middle sections till it folds inwards on itself, leaving you with a smaller square.
Glue the back of these squares to the pages that have been cut off. Now when you open the book, you can open the "magic" sqares as well.
Posted by PicasaThis page was made using several coin envelopes. Just glue them together, using a thin stripe of glue down the centers after cutting the flaps off. Glue a piece of cardstock to each end creating a book cover. Glue the back of the book cover to the page of the book that you choose. Add decorated tags to the envelope pockets.
Fibers would be a great addition at this point too, but I just haven't gotten around to adding mine yet.

1 Comments:

Blogger Barbara said...

Stacie,

You really have an imagination for crafts! I love some of these ideas. I read all of them on the page, and might try one some of these days, if I can ever stop blogging! :)

8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home