Friday, March 03, 2006

Altered Book..Cover & Windows

This page is done by gluing 3 or 4 pages together and then cutting a window or two with an exacto knife around 3 sides when the glue has dried. Glue photo's to the back page so that they show thru the windos and then glue that page to the ones in front of it. I used chalk inks directly onto the page of the book and will later stamp images on the pages as I have in some of the other pages. As always, this is a work in progress, so I may make pages but not stamp them or complete them until some time later.



Posted by PicasaThis is the cover...I have used Readers Digest Condensed Books that can be found at tag sales for a quarter. I have decoupaged several different kinds of papers ont the cover including a napkin, a piece of cork, a die cut, some string, a couple of feathers and some paper ribbon that I have unraveled.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

Wow! Great stuff here. I found this link from the Greek Chickie's blog. I love to rubberstamp. Mostly I make cards, but I'm going to give the mail art thing try.

1:48 PM  
Blogger Leesa said...

These are very cool, Stacie :) Oh and I got your mail art! So cute! Thanks :)

6:49 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I just started a blog somewhat like this, but mine is mostly scrapbooking. This altered book is awesome though! I think I will give it a try! Keep the ideas coming! And tell greedy k that she needs to craft more!

6:13 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I have been wanting to make an altered book for a while but just haven't gotten to it. I have a couple of candidate books. I think I hesitate to mess up even an unreadable book. Too many years of being taught that books are special.
I like the idea of mail art too but haven't gotten to it. I did exchange my first postcrossing cards recently.

10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home