Sunday, March 12, 2006

Altered Art

This is a thread spool from a Serger sewing machine. I didn't make this one, a friend I met while working at the craft store made it for me. She is the one who has taught me so much about Altered Art...in fact, she taught me how to make almost all of the pages in the altered book below.

She painted the spool with metallic paints, stamped it with a permanant black ink, and attached tags that she had stamped as well. The tags are only glued along one side edge so that they stick out all over the spool. She then glued colored glass all over that is flat on one side and glued a large flat glass piece over the top. It's a very interesting piece I love to look at. I can definitely see one done for Christmas! Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Blogger Marianna said...

Girl, I feel like a sponge when I look at your work. I just want to absorb it all!

M~

9:11 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Do you display these in your home, or just keep them somewhere for ideas?

11:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... »

11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home